Friday, May 20, 2011

this just happened / mission prep 101.1

I've been wanting to post about all that I am doing now that I am preparing for a mission, but I had to mention this first.  

1.  I was listening to Pandora just a few minutes ago {for the first time since I got my call to Argentina, actually} and all the adds are in Spanish.  ?!


2.  THIS just happened on facebook: 

friend request from a girl I do not know, her message was: 



She says, "Hi,  it seems that you are Rosarina?  I am : )  Hug ~ Marisa." 

Rosarina = from Rosario, Argentina.  I WISH! 
I got really excited about that / a little worried to realize that someone who is not my friend can see that much information about me. {I might fix my privacy settings, or might not. missionary opportunities!}  Here is what I said in response {I did not add her, just sent her a message} 



H: "I am not Rosarina, but I am going to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in September in Rosario!  Here is more info, have a good day!" 

M:  "Oh ok!  Good luck!  I live in LA and I was confused.  Enjoy and take care."

Boom. Diggity. Technology is awesome isn't it?  And the church is awesome for using this technology the way they do to help us tell others about it!




3 comments:

  1. I love missionary opportunities that come up in the most unexpected way. And better - you took a moment to make it more than just a simple passing by on Facebook! Way to be :)

    I'm impressed with your Spanish! I knew you had a good handle on the language, but you are fluent?!! Wow - how incredible this will be to not worry so much on the language, but to let yourself be a conduit for the spirit to work through you.

    Loves to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story. Except FYI, in Argentina, people don't really say Pues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Just more proof that you are going to be an awesome Missionary!!

    ReplyDelete