Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I love fireworks

And I love them even more so now that I know how to take proper photographs of them! 

(thanks to marcello, who is very talented.)


My friends and I watched the Rose Bowl fireworks on the Fourth of July on a hillside adjacent to Chandler School.   I was so worried that my friends wouldn't get to the spot in time because parking was insane - but they did! I wish I could properly tell their story of how insane it really was.  
It involved Liz driving down a street that became narrower and narrower, lots of honking yelling and cursing (not from them, claro), some attitude from some sassy female who poked out through her sun roof, and clever Lars asking a neighbor if the group could pay them ten bucks to park in their driveway. They were happy to report that no windows were broken or tires slashed upon their return to their vehicle.  


I think I found a great spot for future Fourth's. 
(My next one here will be in 2013!  How insane is that?)







1 comment: