Friday, June 10, 2011

young women : queens in training


I am in the midst of finishing a talk that I will be giving on Sunday for a Young Women Recognition Program, where a few girls will receive their YW Medallion after completing their Personal Progress.  To learn more, click here : ) Even I learned something new when I was doing a little research.
Do you know what an Honor Bee is?

Since we are talking about ladies, here are some things I've found recently: 



found while blog stalking. It reads:

"Invite others to come unto Christ"
"Teach by the Spirit"
"Dominate the Elders"



pinterest







The following corresponds with what I'll be talking about.

 "Sisters, regardless of your age, please understand all that you are and must be, all that you were prepared to be in royal courts on high by God Himself."  Margaret D. Nadauld,  "The Joy of Womanhood" October 2000 General Conference 




4 comments:

  1. A song I grew up listening to called "I am a Princess"

    Deep inside my young heart lies the one I want to be.
    And deep inside my soul I find the seeds of divinity.
    Now and then I see glimpses of the woman I can become.
    I know someday I'll find her here if I don't give up.

    Everyday I'm closer to the one I want to be.
    And slowly I'm uncovering my heavenly qualities
    and I'll continue working toward the woman I can become.
    Developing my qualities
    through service and through love.

    I am a princess, a royal Queen I'll be.
    So I must choose to find and use my divine qualities.
    Daughter of heaven, a Queen someday I'll be.
    An heir of my Mother in heaven for eternity

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. ironically I will be touching on the same subject when I teach RS in two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from Hinckley on here. I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job Hillary! You were beautiful and eloquent. Being just a little ahead of those girls on the road of life and giving such wise counsel was a treat to listen to. I was wanting the source for your last quote on femininity.

    ReplyDelete