Tuesday, June 28, 2011

mission prep 101.5 - how to look your best




I have just finished looking at every page on the new Dress and Grooming Standards page on lds.org

I can't get enough of our church's website. 

Talk about professional and attractive!  I am even more excited than I was before about wearing fun and colorful outfits in Argentina. 

Check it out! 




even make up tips! 



Get ready for my favorite part. The skirts. 




Melanie- is this similar to the skirt you mentioned??







I found a pattern to make this kind of skirt. 
I'm thinking emerald green with a white trim. 







I am obsessed. 

I am also laughing at myself considering these are pieces you see anywhere in stores, but they are so much more desirable for me to own now because I know I can wear them as a sister missionary! ! ! 

This is a big deal. These examples are better than the ones included in the mission booklet!

New additions to the shopping list/ suitcase list {things I already own}: 

wide belt 
my red Gap pea coat



I have this already!

Oh, and speaking of cute coats, check out this one!


OH HEY AE JONES!!  
{I had no idea she was on this until I went for more screen shots of my favorite coats, haha!}
What a cutie. 



AND hopefully I can raid mom's closet in hopes to find something older she wouldn't mind parting with.

{just fyi, the clothes are just examples, they are not for sale on the site.}

Ok, I don't think I've ever said this before... ready? 

WHO WANTS TO GO SHOPPING?! 

2 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY. HILLARY MILLER SAID the S WORD! AHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AEJ! AEJ! AEJ! oh my! she is in it! she is perfection.
    and yes i am SO excited for your clothes. thats how we dressed in the WMM even though we had the outdated book! i love this! and yes the skirt is similar!

    ReplyDelete