Wednesday, June 22, 2011

luau on aliso beach, aka what heaven should look like

Let me paint a picture for you: 

I now work on Saturdays.  This leads me to a strong desire to do something incredibly fun the moment my feet touch my driveway, and at least talk with my friends in hopes that I can meet up with their fun they've been enjoying while I've been sitting working.  

I live for texts during work.  I keep my phone on silent but am mindful to catch a glimpse of my phone's screen every once in a while to see if anyone is kind enough to update me on what the rest of the world is in enjoying on their leisurely weekend day.  I am a receptionist, mind you - and if you've ever worked front desk you know you are bound to find at least a minute of down time when you can sneakily and gleefully reconnect with the outside world, even if it be for just a brief moment. 

A few Saturdays ago I got one of the best texts.  It was from Cecilly and it read something like "There is a Luau going on in Laguna tonight!  Come with me!"  You don't have to tell me twice when an invitation includes the word Laguna. 


If the location couldn't be exciting enough, the people sure got me even more stoked once we got to the spot.
I have never seen so many good looking YSA's in one place. 
This sight caused me to say, "I think Heaven should look like this. Yup. I quite like this right now." 


great dance performances - hula, haka, and others I don't know the names of... and an amazing dance following. 


I found these photos on the event photographer's facebook.  Looks like we made the cut. 






watching the dancers 


they pulled up the Bishop and other guys in the San Clemente 5th ward to show us their best "tiki face"


in case you were wondering, dancing on sand is difficult. 

 I am in this above photo.  Only part of my profile can be seen... a whole bunch of us G7ers are rockin' it in the top middle section. 

And yes, we danced around those tiki torches. Hair and skin were almost burnt {not mine} and after a few limbo games and congo lines the torches were extinguished.  In the end I guess we are all pyros. 






heaven. 





Later on, another friend said to me, "It's like we're in 'YSA the movie!'"


We concluded the night with breakfast for dinner at a diner a few miles south in Dana Point. 
It was great fun, and I hope to be able to attend more outdoor dances soon.
What is it about dancing outside that makes me so happy?



2 comments:

  1. So I'm looking at this while I'm STILL waiting in my room at the dr and you are in the lobby waiting for me!!! So we have been here now for 2 Hours and 37 minutes??? Ridiculous!!! Thank You sooo much for dealing with this!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete