Thursday, April 14, 2011

little finds on and off the web


FILM:
Adam

Snippets of Dead Poet's Society
{Emie was watching it. I need to see it from beginning to end.}

King's Speech.
I saw an edited version at the Academy Theatre last weekend!
The cinematography is wonderful.  Simple, limited, and includes some untraditional framing which I loved.

Modern Family {TV}
Hilarious.


BOOKS:

I read the first book of the Hunger Games series.  It was good! After 40 pages of reading the second, I lost interest. I don't like how picky I have become with the books that captivate my interest.  I think I need to find some good historical books.
Any suggestions?

I love words.
New word: surreptitiously - done in secret because if discovered it would most likely not receive a seal of approval.

SITES:
There is something about reading guys' blogs that makes me so content.  I feel like I have scored secret access into the way they think.  And men, real men, don't normally blog at all, so it's a nice find.


dayswithmyfather.com




A son captures amazing photos and a sad story about his father. 


tomywife.tumblr.com

Little notes of what this man will do for his wife.  Witty, honest, a bit blunt; collectively adorable. I love these:



















1 comment:

  1. LOVE Dead Poet's Society. Which also reminds me of School Ties, also very good.

    ReplyDelete