Thursday, March 24, 2011

happy birthday dad!



Today is my Dad's birthday! 


Happy Birthday to the coolest Dad.

I would always follow him around when I was little - 




He is there for my sister and my big days in our lives! 
Such as our baptisms!  He baptized us.  How special is that?







He has no sons + I wanted to do everything he did when I was little=  part of the reason why I am slightly tom boyish today

and has raised me to be a Laker/basketball-philiac 


He is a really fun great uncle! 



teaching the Saunders kids how to fly his kites 





He works really hard, and looks cool doing it. 

While watching a basketball tournament in Venice Beach - some other spectators thought he was a plain clothed cop! 


And if you know my Dad, then you know how crazy and spontaneous he can be!


They decided to dress up to a birthday party that wasn't even a costume party.  Yes, you read that correctly.


For those of you who know about the legendary "Sun Dried Tomatoes" story from Lake Powell, you may not know that I actually snapped a shot of this crazy moment:


{the look on Grammy and Roger's faces!!}


And who could forget this? 






Thanks for always being so full of life,  encouragement, and being such a great example of hard work and service! 

We love you! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! He is indeed a very fun and a favorite uncle ---- although I didn't have the good experience with the kite, how did I not hear him say 'move to the side once it's up?' stitches in the lip but at least he kept me laughing all the way to and at the ER!

    ReplyDelete