Sunday, February 7, 2016

do good and care not to whom


An Italian proverb for an Italian landscape I once held with my own eyes. 

What I love most about this image is the softness of the details, or better yet the lack of detail, so it exemplifies an oil painting.  I wish I could say it was intentional, but knowing my younger self who took this photo almost 7 years ago, I was probably too excited to adjust my settings for focus or shutter speed.  I stumbled upon the image a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it, when at the time I finished my journey I probably was frustrated with it.  {Which goes to show you that sometimes if a piece of your work doesn't satisfy your expectations at first,  walking away from it for a moment - or a few years - can refresh your senses and find the beauty in it. } 

I found these words on a card that belongs to a deck of many wonderful quotes, which I display one by one in the display holder they came with, alongside my bed.  The cards are only a 2 1/2 in square; always providing a simple yet striking message in a dozen or so less amount of words. 



Do Good Quote Italian Proverb


I find myself contemplating over the simplest of phrases, that can easily prod us to remember what is most important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment