Friday, August 12, 2011

what makes me happy? swing dancing

Tonight I went swing dancing (east coast and lindy hop) with a whole bunch of friends from my ward at a place called Lindy Groove in Old Town Pasadena. 

Let me tell you - I was beyond excited to go because it had been two years since my last visit and I was looking forward to see how my friends would like this different scene. 

Long story short, they are hooked.
Glad they finally understand what I have been loving all of these years! I must admit, I have been keeping this love tucked away for awhile with my recent work schedule and my other love for temple nights and salsa dancing.

Cat, you missed out!  And all you other G7 readers... you're next too.
You may get bit by the jitterbug and like it. 


I will never stop loving the groove of the lindy hop.

We were also privileged to see this amazing performance: 


{The video was filmed earlier this year at Camp Hollywood}

Dancing makes me happy. 
Dancing to old music makes me happy. 
Dancing with cute old men who have great style makes me happy. 
Dancing with guy friends who are just picking up Lindy Hop makes me happy. 
and watching my friends get caught up in what feels like a time warp back to the 40's makes me really happy : )


2 comments:

  1. This makes me miss dancing sooo much!! Camp Hollywood was one of the best things I went too back in the day! There is nothing I love more then swing dancing to my FAVORITE video game...that was awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i missed out on the lindy hop. BUT i have fully embraced zumba! You gotta start somewhere! ;)

    ReplyDelete