Thursday, June 23, 2011

mission prep 101.4 - "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist"










R. O. U. S. 

Rodents of Unusual Size 


I have a  friend who served in Argentina (Christopher Cole) tell me he saw these creatures in his mission. I didn't believe him until he sent me a wikipedia link... and then I continued to research. 

"carpincho" or capybara 
One of the largest rodents in the world, weighing at 110lb. 



b ahahahaa 


They are found in the northeastern parts of Argentina. 

Here's hoping I run into one in Rosario - I gotta have one exotic animal photo op! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hillary,
    My name is Caitlin. I stumbled upon your blog as I was looking for pictures of Carpinchos.... and noticed that you're going to the Argentina Rosario Mission. Congrats!
    I served there from 2007-2009. :) While I never saw a Carpincho, there are some AMAZING people there and the work is great!! If you have any questions about the area or anything else, I'd be happy to answer them. :)
    caitlinritter@gmail.com

    Good Luck! You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete