Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"I like your donkey" / how to be goofy at disneyland


Being young at heart is a good quality to have in my eyes. What better place to polish this skill than at the Happiest Place on Earth? If you are looking for something youthful to spice up your experience at the park, read on.


It is a new requirement for me to frolic / skip down Main Street every time I go to Disneyland.

Being in line on a busy day consists of necessary games, inside jokes, and anything silly to help pass the time. 

What were the topics of discussion? 

In the Haunted Mansion queue, Jake gave us an inside scoop on his summer job as an assistant at a Morturary.  Way to set the mood! 

At the beginning of the day, a teenage girl walked pass me as I was sitting down to lunch and said "I like your donkey." 
She was referring to my Eyeore backpack.



Later on, Jake said, "You received a compliment you will never receive again. 'I like your donkey'."
We took that joke on a long journey.
 

A handful of us then proceeded to speak in British accents and share bread in line. 


My first time on The Columbia pirate ship! 

Just when you think you've done everything there is to do, I bet I could find you something you haven't done in at least a handful of years. {Canoes anyone?}





The boys like to photo-bomb our cute pictures. 


Enter my parents into the scene. 
They are pros at being young at heart at Disneyland.
Just compare their Midway Mania scores to mine and you will see who has practiced more {At home. On the wii.  They mean business.}


Dad also went on a winning rampage and managed to win 3 stuffed Dumbos, or was it 4? from one of the carnival booths.







Just for your information, screaming at the top of your lungs while riding on the sliding gondolas of the Ferris Wheel is definitely something that will pump up your adrenaline. 








 To see more snapshots of our fun day, check out my photography blog at  www.hillarynicole.com




1 comment:

  1. i'm gonna miss your blog come september, hillmill. you better write some pretty good letters to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete